Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Affidavit: Man Threw 4-Year-Old Against Door, Bed, Floor

For the past three months, a 4-year-old girl was the victim of continuous, violent abuse in the hands of her mother and her mother's boyfriend, according to court documents released Thursday.

Madyson Bogard died Wednesday night after she was rushed to the hospital earlier this week, unconscious and with a serious head injury.

Autopsy results released Friday indicated that Bogard died from a head injury resulting from blunt force trauma. The El Paso County Coroner ruled her death a homicide.

The girl's mother, Chrystie Marie Hardy, and her mother's boyfriend, Mark Alton Friend, had initially claimed that the girl slipped and fell on ice.

However, after being interviewed by detectives, Hardy and Friend admitted to hitting Madyson several times since October 2007.

"Friend said he threw Madyson against a door and that she hit her head on the door knob," the affidavit said.

Hardy told detectives she warned Friend to be careful because Madyson could get brain damage but then after that, she struck Madyson on the head hard enough that it made her own hand tingle.

"Friend also said he threw Madyson against a metal bed where she her hit her head with so much force that it caused her to bounce back and hit her head again on the floor," the affidavit said.

Madyson's mother said she saw "him hold Madyson's face under water in the bathtub, not allowing her to breathe," the affidavit said.

Friend also admitted to "flicking" Madyson in her private parts. Both adults witnessed Madyson have seizures but they never sought medical care for her, they said.

The girl had bruising in several places on her body including her forehead, arms and knees, doctors said. There was also evidence of sex assault, said Dr. Marla Moore, with the pediatric intensive care unit at Memorial Hospital.

Madyson had a serious head injury (subdural hematoma) that was less than 72 hours old, and most likely only a few hours old, when she was rushed to hospital Tuesday at 2 a.m.

A neurosurgeon told police that Madyson was "essentially dead" when she had arrived.

Hardy and Friend are being held in the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center for investigation of first-degree murder.

1 comment:

♥TonyaJean♥ said...

This is really sad. NO little girl or even a child or that matter should have to go through this. It's just terrible what children are going through now these days!!